Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre [IEDC] Process
Entrepreneurship education teaches engineering students in all disciplines the knowledge, tools, and attitudes that are required to identify opportunities and bring them to life. Students who take part in entrepreneurship programs as undergraduates gain insights not available from traditional engineering education, such as understanding and designing for end users ("empathy"), working in and managing interdisciplinary teams, communicating effectively, thinking critically, understanding business basics, and solving open-ended problems
BMCE will launch the Entrepreneurship Cell promoted by AICTE soon as part of our vision towards excellence in imparting quality education. Aim at institutionalizing mechanism, which could act as support system for technocrat entrepreneurs. The Entrepreneurs Development Cell set up under the scheme is expected to act as a tool to promote entrepreneurship and self-employment amongst technical students as an attractive and viable career option. The Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) is promoted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi to foster techno-entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment. The mission of the EDC is to "develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture among the stakeholders and to foster growth entrepreneurship amongst the students, faculty and the society at large ".
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspect of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs).
- To catalyze and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To develop and introduce curriculum on Entrepreneurship Development at various levels including degree/diploma courses of the parent institution and other institutes in the region.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities (particularly in S&T areas and service sector).
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth of S&T based entrepreneurship.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
- To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for entrepreneurs besides expertise in intellectual property rights, patents search, etc.
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment