ASME STUDENTS CHAPTER
American Society of Mechanical Engineers is the pioneering institution for mechanical engineers around the globe. The ASME India section was started in the year 2010 and is fastly growing into one of the largest sections in the world. BMCE is the 3rd College in Kerala to join the elite fraternity of engineering colleges in India which includes IIT-Delhi, IIT-Roorkee, IIT- Bombay, BITS Pilani and so forth. We started our own student chapter in 2012 and is the most active student section in Kerala
- Mexsvente was a Zonal level inter-collegiate technical fest organised by Mechanical Department of Baselios Mathews II College of Engineering, Sasthamcotta.
- Mexsvente was a platform for all college students to showcases their talents and also provides an arena to compete against the best in the country.
- Mexsvente’15 was inaugurated by Dr. F V Albin in the presence of our college principal, administrator, Students dean, Mr. Irfan Haneef (M.Tech, IIT Madras) and Mr. Siji Kumar (SCET).
- As part of Mexsvente we had conducted national level events including Paper presentation, Project Expo, Auto Quiz, Automotive Workshop by Mr. Irfan Haneef, Engine display, Lathe Master, Best Female driver (to promote female participation) and 3x3 Football.
- We had conducted a first time Zonal meet during Mexsvente’15 where the representatives from FISAT, Kochi and Bishop Jerome College of engineering, Kollam participated.
- Our main highlight of Mexsvente’15 was the Mexride (Auto-expo) where we showcased latest cars, vintage cars and bikes.
ASME Student Professional Development Conference
Student Professional Development Conference is the annual congress held at each country where members of various student section come together to expand their NETWORK beyond the campus, meet practicing engineers, develop and practice skills required in the engineering workplace, showcase their design projects, enhance their soft skills, GET IDEAS for future projects. Students from our student section have been attending SPDCs regularly since 2012.
- IIT – Roorkee (2012)
- KL University, Vijayawada (2013)
- BITS Pilani, Rajasthan (2014)
ASME Zonal Representative
Sabari Raj of S8 ME was elected as the Zonal Representative (ZONE-8) and Sibi Abin Iype of S8 ME was elected as Member-At-Large; both were elected under ASME SDOB, INDIA during the conference.
ASME Asia-Pacific Students Professional Development Conference (SPDC) – 2014
- ASME Asia-Pacific SPDC was held in Bits Pilani, Rajasthan from 27 – 30th March, 2014.
- Madhukar Sharma, President of ASME INDIA PL. and Madhu Rangi, Programs Manager-Outreach Program, NewYork-USA was the Chief panel for the Conference.
- Achieved 4th Position in Water Rocketry (Student Design Challenge) among 45 colleges during the Conference.
The Mechanical Engineering association “MEQNZO” was inaugurated on . He also conducted a seminar on “Mechanical Engineering -Today, Tomorrow.” On the same day the website ‘www.meqnzobmce.org, was launched which was the first departmental website in the college.