ACTIVITY REPORT :: NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
In an age when relationship between individuals and organizations are getting more & more complex, It is not enough to have an excellent IQ. Being good at number crunching and scoring high marks in subjects are not the only criteria for success in professional or personal life. The ability to deal with one’s feelings and understand the feelings of others in any given situation helps one to complement academic intelligence capacities with a human understanding of issues.
NSS activities are imparted to fine tune the students attitudes so that they will be able to:
- Deal with different situations
- Grow as a key leader of the establishment
- Strengthen themselves from within
Their skills empower them to understand:
- Combination of technical, business & interpersonal skills
- “Who they are”
- How best they can come across as competent individuals
As per the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University norms, Baselios Mathews II College of Engineering has formed three NSS units in the campus. Each unit comprises of 50 students. Each unit functions actively with its own programmes and goals. All the units conducted several activities and participated in programs related with NSS goals and syllabus for the first year KTU.
Activity Report of the NSS Units at BMCE during AY 2015-16
Mr Jibi P Mathew, AP EEE; Mr Nithin Samuel, AP ME & Miss Mekha S. V Panicker, AP CE were selected as the Program Officers for units 01, 02 & 03 respectively.
- Orientation Program for all units were conducted.
- International Day of Non-Violence was celebrated on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti by cleaning areas in front of college main building.
- In association with leading Malayalam daily , Malayala Manorama; BMCE NSS unit collected fund for Endosulfan victims in Kasargod. -”ee pookkalum viriyatte”
- Stem Cell donation drive was conducted during November 2015
- Indian Red Cross Society, the Kerala Police & the BMCE NSS units together conducted a road safety awareness program on 13.11.15.
- Conducted an awareness program, “Haritha Kalalayam” that spoke about the importance of agricultural activites among the technocrats on 19.11.15. Mr Vijayan Pillai, a Veteran in agricultural field gave the awareness speech.
- NSS unit participated in a heart rally on World Heart day conducted by Padmavathy hospital, Sasthamcotta.
- Organ donation campaign, ‘Live Then Give’ was conducted during December 2015. Dr Col. Tomy Varghese, Director of Administration, Padmavathy medical foundation delivered the awareness speech.
Concluding that we could conduct several activities in the first year of KTU within the limited time frame. We will continue to follow the schedule in the coming semesters. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the College management; the Administrator in particular; higher authorities - The Director, The Principal, Vice principal, Dean Student affairs & PRO for their extended help. I would also like to extend my thanks to all my colleagues and NSS volunteers for their support and cooperation.